Re: Linking an Oracle table to MS Access via ODBC: Access assigns wrong primary key to linked table

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:07:37 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 22, 7:14 am, rutg..._at_ziggo.nl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Access to link to tables of a calculation tool that's been built on a Oracle back end.
> I recently updated that tool, and now it seems something has been changed in Oracle that causes Access to automatically assign the wrong primary keys to certain tables. This happens when I update the tables using the connectivity wizard or when re-linking the tables.
>
> Is there a way to prevent Acces to automatically put keys to the Oracle tables I'm trying to link using ODBC? If I'm linking MySQL tables the ODBC connection wizard of Access always asks which column(s) to assign as primary key.
>
> Please advise and many thanks in advance,
> Wijnand

You might have a little better chance of getting help if you give more details about what version of oracle exactly on the back end ( platform / version / patched up to ) and details of exactly what version of access and odbc drivers are involved here.

Might also get more help posting to some kind of access forum. Received on Fri Nov 23 2012 - 19:07:37 CET

Original text of this message