Re: Large pages

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:02:45 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 20, 10:01 pm, hhkr..._at_gmail.com wrote:

> That's interesting... My reason for requesting the cio mount option for some AIX jfs2 filesystems (which BTW don't contain anything but Oracle .dbf files) is that otherwise any attempt at accessing the .dbf files from "outside" - cp or TSM ARCHIVE - fails with "Invalid argument" because the Oracle instance has the file open with the cio option due to filesystemio_options = SETALL, but the utility attempts to open the file without cio.
>
> My need for this is caused by some .dbf files for a READ ONLY tablespace, which I want to archive on tape, preferably without first taking the tablespace OFFLINE, which is the only workaround I have found. I'm on  AIX 5.3.

Upgrade to Aix 7.1. Just confirmed this morning: database files in jfs2 fs not mounted in cio mode and opened by Oracle in cio mode can certainly be concurrently read by CP and moved somewhere else. That is what you were trying to do with the readonly ts datafile, is it not? Received on Thu Nov 22 2012 - 01:02:45 CET

Original text of this message