Re: Large pages

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:31:35 +1100

hhkrohn_at_gmail.com wrote,on my timestamp of 20/11/2012 10:01 PM:

> That's interesting... My reason for requesting the cio mount option for some
> AIX jfs2 filesystems (which BTW don't contain anything but Oracle .dbf files)
> is that otherwise any attempt at accessing the .dbf files from "outside" - cp
> or TSM ARCHIVE - fails with "Invalid argument" because the Oracle instance
> has the file open with the cio option due to filesystemio_options = SETALL,
> but the utility attempts to open the file without cio.

That should not be a problem at all with Aix 7.1. But I'll give it a try as well, just to be absolutely sure.

> My need for this is caused by some .dbf files for a READ ONLY tablespace,
> which I want to archive on tape, preferably without first taking the
> tablespace OFFLINE, which is the only workaround I have found. I'm on AIX
> 5.3.

Better yet: use RMAN to copy them to the FRA and then zoom them off from there. Nowadays I use RMAN for just about everything to do with datafiles. 11.2.0.3 and Aix 7.1 here. Received on Wed Nov 21 2012 - 07:31:35 CET

Original text of this message