Re: How to suppress Oracle old,new messages in SQLPLUS ?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:45:39 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 14, 12:10 am, Eric <e..._at_deptj.eu> wrote:
> On 2012-11-14, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 13, 1:34?pm, jefftb..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> >> _at_Paul: ?RTFM. Thanks *so* much for your assistance.
>
> > _at_Jeff: Look at the date of the message you are replying to.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > _at_home.com is bogus.
> >http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-12/ff_kaminsky?curren...
>
> Only 4 and a half years old! The worst case I've seen was 14 years.
> Sadly, this sort of thing is getting more and more common.
>
> Eric
> --
> ms fnd in a lbry

It's sad, but isn't it merely ignorance or even just a mistake, rather than stupidity? Ignorance is fixable, everyone makes mistakes, especially with new features (like being able to answer 14 year old messages, or search engines directing into forum knowledge bases with no expire dates). My inner optimist wants to guide the desire of these people to help towards a positive goal, but I can't quite see how.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/12/oracle_launches_redpatch_repository/