Re: Oracle 8.1.5 silent installation

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:34:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 01:28:32 -0800, esme.reign wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 16, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Martin Mayrhofer
> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> does anybody done an unattended (silent) installation with Oracle
>> 8.1.5
>>
>> on Windows NT ? I tried this and it seems to be a lottery-game that it
>> works. I have copied the demo-responsefile from the CD (Custom815.rsp)
>> on my PC running Windows NT WS Servicepack 5 (288 MB) and changed the
>> source and target destination and the global database name.
>> If I start the installation, it works for a short time. Then the
>> Installation tried to start a second Java-VM and crashes.
>> In the silent-installation Logfile on the Temp Directory I found the
>> information, that the installation of an optional component failed, and
>> the installation finished.
>> I tried this sometimes, but from 8 installtions only one worked. I
>> tried
>>
>> to install the same installation with the same responsefile again, and
>> the installation crashes again and again.
>> Does anybody has the same problem and found a workaround, so please
>> tell
>>
>> it to my emailadress : sales_at_2mcomp.com
>>
>> thanx4help
>>
>> Martin :-)

I've done silent installation of Oracle 6.0.34: you should define ORACLE_HOME, something like:

define/system ORACLE_HOME dua0:[ORACLE.HOME] and ORACLE_SID

define/system ORACLE_SID ORCL

and run orainst.com. You should also edit ORACLE_HOME:[DBS]init_<sid>.ora by doing something like "eve ORACLE_HOME:[DBS]init_<sid>.ora"

Hopefully, that helps.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com