Re: Unable to shutdown the database

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 15:40:59 +0100

On 03.11.2012 06:03, zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> See below link from Don Burleson exapling the differences lucidly:
>
> http://dba-oracle.com/t_oracle_shutdown_immediate_abort.htm

Frankly, I prefer Oracle documentation over his site. I never saw him argue his point convincingly. Many will also remember his quarrel with Richard Foote. He may be a good Oracle DBA or consultant it's just that I never saw that and find presentations of others much more convincing.   Hence I take his advice with a much bigger grain of salt than others.

Cheers

        robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/