Re: Casualties of Sandy

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:33:17 +1100

joel garry wrote,on my timestamp of 2/11/2012 11:18 AM:

> Google about for pix of fleets of flooded taxicabs, masses trying to
> get on buses, mobs desperate to charge their cellphones, hospitals
> emptying out because they put the generator in the basement that
> flooded, and gas shortages. And stories of people hiking up 22
> flights to apartments with no power or water.

Hey, the first 5 years of my married life we lived in an appartment in Europe where water didn't have enough pressure to reach the 10th until around 2am, and the lift power went off 5 days a week.
I got the perfectly toned legs(cough!...) I have today out of carrying 20 litre jerry cans of water up the 10th floor via never-ending stairs, twice a day... See, it's actually good for your health. And we didn't need no stinken hurricanes! Received on Fri Nov 02 2012 - 12:33:17 CET

Original text of this message