Re: Setting up and configuring Oracle 11g on a localhost

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:58:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 03:30:50 -0700, John Hurley wrote:

> A machine running XP won't cut it probably ... lots of alternatives ...
> could put up a vm under virtual box and then run

On windows boxes, Hyper-V beats all the alternatives, including VMware. VirtualBox doesn't even play in the same league. VirtualBox on Linux is a rather crappy product, leaks memory all over the place. Two virtual machines, 4GB RAM each, when running together take 12GB RAM. I wouldn't use it on Windows. Hyper-V is much, much better.