Re: Setting up and configuring Oracle 11g on a localhost

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 06:54:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:47:55 -0700, Chukwu Chigozie wrote:

> There re somany parameter to consider; listner, oraclenet and so on.
> I am trying to install 11g release (OUI) into my windows XP.

Windows XP is no longer supported. At least Vista is required, preferably Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, R2 (not to be confused with the freshly released Windows 8). You can get a great free version of Windows at http:// www.centos.org. It doesn't cost you anything and Oracle 11G works out of the box.