Re: Inserting BLOBs from files with the filename stored in another column

From: <leichtenfels_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:22:41 -0700 (PDT)

Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2012 23:37:44 UTC+2 schrieb Mladen Gogala:
> I am currently on the client site and cannot compare the speed. I will try
>
> pitting your script against a Perl script the next weekend. My bet is on
>
> the Perl script.
>
> I will use RDBMS 11.2.0.3.4, the latest and the greatest. For a comparison
>
> to make sense, I have to ask what version of the database are you using
>
> and how is the LOB segment created? I am interested in CACHE/NOCACHE
>
> attributes. Also, are you using flashback DB?

Sorry, I'm a software developer, not an Oracle DBA, and I know almost nothing about the things you ask. Also, performance is not my main concern; this thing needs to run only once so I don't optimize here. However, if you are interested in a performance comparison I can send you the dbca template file that I used to create the database.

Regards, Leo   Received on Mon Oct 29 2012 - 08:22:41 CET

Original text of this message