Re: Inserting BLOBs from files with the filename stored in another column

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:37:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:32:14 -0700, leichtenfels wrote:

> I don't know, if this is good style, but it seems to work.
> Sorry for the trouble, regards,
> Leo

I am currently on the client site and cannot compare the speed. I will try pitting your script against a Perl script the next weekend. My bet is on the Perl script.
I will use RDBMS, the latest and the greatest. For a comparison to make sense, I have to ask what version of the database are you using and how is the LOB segment created? I am interested in CACHE/NOCACHE attributes. Also, are you using flashback DB?

Mladen Gogala