Re: Inserting BLOBs from files with the filename stored in another column

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:30:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 23:18:14 -0700, leichtenfels wrote:

> I found nothing helpful so far on the web. Is there a simple way to do
> this in PL/SQL or do I have to use an external script?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards, Leo

Perl, Python or even PHP are all able to do it. A simple script which loads BLOB into a database can be found here:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_dbi_interface1.htm

This is written in Perl. PHP version is written in Pro PHP Programming, by Apress books: http://tinyurl.com/cknhn3j

This can also be written in Python, but that is not my forte.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com