Re: Pluggable database in 12C

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:59:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 23, 4:56 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:12:12 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> > According to       Alert Log Messages: Private Strand Flush Not Complete [ID
> > 372557.1] it's just telling you the consolidation of the private redo is
> > taking some time.  I would guess the suggestion of adding db writers to
> > keep the cache clean is a bit of compulsiveness.  Perhaps Jonathan knows
> > better.
>
> Joel, I'm no Jonathan by any stretch of imagination, but it doesn't look
> to me that adding DBWR would particularly helpful with REDO? How would
> database block writer help LGWR consolidate the redo entries from the
> private redo strands?

I'm guessing the general idea is that more dbwr would be kicking at the lgwr to write things out more often, flushing private strands more often, letting them build up less stuff to flush. As the concepts guide puts it " If DBWn finds that some redo records have not been written, it signals LGWR to write the records to disk and waits for LGWR to complete before writing the data buffers to disk."

> BTW, I met Jonathan in person and we don't look even remotely alike.

I want to look like Ben Bernanke.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
RIP Paul Kurtz and I hope you don't find God laughing...