Re: Pluggable database in 12C

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:45:54 +0100

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:k68fgd$vj8$1_at_dont-email.me...
| The issue I have with the "consolidation of the private redo is taking
some
| time" thing is simply this: which stat or wait tells me it is happening,
and by
| how much?

I think it would be wait event
"log file switch (private strand flush incomplete)"

| My gut feel is that someone forgot to remove a debug message from
somewhere in
| the 11gr2 code and now we have this thing showing up all over the place
and
| meaning essentially nothing!

I think I'd be inclined to agree, although it's also possible that it was initially left in place on the grounds that:

    "I think we've done the right thing, but if too many people complain about seeing this debug message too often we must have missed an edge case."

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all_postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)