Re: Pluggable database in 12C

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:18:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 22, 4:11 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> But I'm getting some alert messages that I don't understand.  They are not
> warnings, nor errors.  Just "comments", I guess? (for what purpose?)

Some of the messages I'm seeing:
"Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 167 Private strand flush not complete"
This is on a db with 6 redo log of 1GB each. Doing a search on that seems to indicate the message is relatively harmless in 11gr2.
If it is, then why put it there in the first place? And what does it REALLY mean and what is the remediation if any? Received on Tue Oct 23 2012 - 23:18:49 CEST

Original text of this message