Re: Pluggable database in 12C

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:11:01 +1100

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 22/10/2012 3:41 PM:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:21:38 +1100, Noons wrote:
>
>> Interesting! Willhave to dig into this one. I've ben seeing some unique
>> messages in the logfiles since going to 11.2.0.3 across the board and
> this might
>> explain a few things.
>> Thaks for that, going to dig it up next week.
>
> It would be interesting to see the difference in performance between the
> old and new log file sync mechanism. Unfortunately, I have no RAC system
> to test. I would be really grateful if you publish your results. Thanks in
> advance.

No RAC here either. The difference I'm seeing is definitely for the better. That is (64bit):
from 10.2.0.3 on Aix 5.3
to 11.2.0.3 on Aix 7.1
The SAN is the same. So is the hardware - CPU (Power6) and memory. Log file sync wait time dropped from around 2-3ms to under 1ms for 90% of the time. CPU use dropped nearly 25% for same workload. I/O is similar, no major alterations.
But I'm getting some alert messages that I don't understand. They are not warnings, nor errors. Just "comments", I guess? (for what purpose?) I'll get details in a coupla days time - currently on leave after many, many working weekends... Received on Mon Oct 22 2012 - 07:11:01 CEST

Original text of this message