Re: Statistics extensions

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:04:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, October 19, 2012 2:46:21 PM UTC-6, John Hurley wrote:
> David:
>

> # Knowing WHERE to search is the key point here and it is not
>
> intuitive with this lacklustre search 'engine' (it's probably a two-
>
> cycle knock-off from Lawn Boy).
>

> It is really really horrible isn't it ...
>

> Sorry I thought more people were already familiar with looking at
>
> presentations and sessions from Open World ... they do ( eventually )
>
> make almost everything presented available in one format or another.
>

> Then it is matter of finding motivation and time to go through some of
>
> it ( so many good speakers though ) ...

It isn't the motivation that is the issue -- it's the time I don't have to search with engines that don't search for items I only know of by speaker or by vague topic. We are in the process of migrating to Exadata and that, at the moment, is taking the bulk of my time. With no SMEs available in-house and a copy of Kerry Osborne's excellent Exadata text at my side I've been having to learn the machine on my own (which makes for long nights at the keyboard 'playing' with the db servers, the storage servers, cellcli, storage indexes and the like) my day is pretty well spent by the time 1 AM rolls around. Apparently the work is paying off so I continue my Exadata journey.

Thankfully I enjoy what I do.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Oct 21 2012 - 05:04:36 CEST

Original text of this message