Re: dbms_scheduler.create_file_watcher

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Joel:

# I've had more fails using dbconsole to schedule backups than I ever did with custom scripts in cron.  More dependencies on ...

We do not USE ... jobs or scheduling from within the database ...

So many potential problems hard to know where to start.

If you want a job that runs a backup of the database ... lets see ... run it from cron and it can check to see if the database is up and operating if not email/alert ... it can run the backup and check the output ( custom scripting required ) and email/alert the backup status ...

If you run it from the database side and the database is not up ... thats not going to work so well is it?

Old dinosaurs prefer something reliable and proven and consistent! Received on Fri Oct 19 2012 - 20:07:11 CEST

Original text of this message