Re: Pluggable database in 12C

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:18:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:06:23 +1100, Noons wrote:

> I think it is. But to me the best thing about it is the easier to
> handle security across PDBs and within each, as well as the data masking
> capabilities and being able to use PL/SQL from inside SQL without going
> through the whole "create this and that" rigmarole. Really useful
> stuff.

My feelings are mixed. It will be easier to handle security and to separate applications, but on the other hand, it goes contrary to everything that Oracle was about until now: a centralized data dictionary, easy to tune and easy to monitor. I will reserve my judgement for the moment I will be able to get my hands on a 12c DB.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com