dbms_scheduler.create_file_watcher

From: Adrian <bulleid_at_ku.gro.lioff>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:07:50 +0100

11.2
Linux

I'm looking at using this to identify when I've got new files to load. At first glance it looks ideal, but on digging into the docs, it seems that I need to set up a credential, which is where I hit problems.

The plan is that the files will be put in a directory owned by a user that we would be accessing using sudo rather than by logging in, so we won't know what the password is. No password, no credential, no credential, no file watcher appears to be the situation, or is there a (legitimate) way around it that I've missed ?.

TIA Adrian

--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops