Re: How to detect when did ocurre ORA-00604?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:34:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 15, 4:11 pm, jbet..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Today, between 3:00pm-3:30pm, my Oracle 10g database on Windows hanged on twice. Error messages were related to ORA-00604. I'm pretty sure it was some query or queries that some user run as owner of some schema.
>
> I'm checking listener.log, archived redo logs from that time (about 20 million records) and alert.instance-name.log on C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\instance-name\bdump, but I don't find any anormal related to ORA-00604.
>
> Would you suggest how or what else to search?

There are a lot of things that can cause a 604, you need to see the other related errors to know what to look for.

00604, 00000, "error occurred at recursive SQL level %s" // *Cause: An error occurred while processing a recursive SQL statement

//         (a statement applying to internal dictionary tables).
// *Action: If the situation described in the next error on the stack
//         can be corrected, do so; otherwise contact Oracle Support.

Look if you have any trace files in the other directories near bdump, like udump and cdump.

Look on asktom for some various examples.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.itproportal.com/2012/10/12/oracle-chief-ellison-considers-6-billion-bid-aeg/