Re: Who uses active data guard?

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:43:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:39:47 -0700, zigzagdna wrote:

> I thought data guard (whether active or not) provides for automatic
> repair from block corruption. Can you confirm, it is only active data
> guard?

Yes, I can confirm. Only active Data Guard provides transparent protection against the block corruption. Also, there is a caveat that people usually don't think of when using active DG: you cannot use inserts into temporary tables, a very popular optimization method when it comes to big reports.

Mladen Gogala