Re: Big Data and BI Best Practices: Webinar recording and slides

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 08:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 9, 5:31 am, janette.pellet..._at_yahoo.com.au wrote:
> Full Article
>
> http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFCommunityNews-Big-Data-and-BI-Best-Pract...
>
> Brief
>
> The growth – and growing importance – of Big Data analytics
>
> Not only are people talking more about Big Data, there’s simply a lot more of it. IBM estimates that 90 percent of the data in the world today was created in the last two years. Now that’s serious growth! But, more critically, modern analytics technologies are empowering organizations to capture, collate and explore data of greater volume, variety and velocity, to effectively support business outcomes.
>
> As Colin White, President and Founder of BI Research, said in a recent interview in relation to Big Data, “It’s time to move from Big Data management to Big Data analytics – it’s what you do with the data that matters.”
>
> And if you needed any evidence that Big Data projects support tangible business improvements, 84 percent of organizations actively leveraging Big Data claim that they can now make better decisions as a direct result of that investment (Avanade).
>
> “Now, we believe that there is very real value that can be achieved by capturing, analyzing and applying growing volumes of actionable data to clearly defined business objectives. But, carefully outlining realistic benefits, and the necessary steps required to achieve the specific benefits sort in each use case, is essential. That’s what this best practice Webinar series is all about – avoiding Big Data hysteria and understanding its true usefulness.”

This is a marketing message. Marketing messages go in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. We're not trying to shut you up, just post in the right place. You were informed of this in July, and apparently knew enough to do it correctly in June. So all we can conclude from that is you are trying to bait us. So shut up.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Posted and mailed.