Re: New Solaris announcement

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 5, 12:54 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 08:48:51 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> > Good questions.  Lock management came from VMS, and then the big thing
> > was to take it out of the kernel,.
>
> From VMS to Solaris and back. Hopefully, Oracle will not end up as DEC? I
> am not sure that it would be good for Oracle if HP ended up owning them.

lol! http://www.thestreet.com/story/11728905/1/hps-meg-whitman-setting-new-lows-in-ceo-incompetence.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/10/04/meg-whitmans-hockey-stick-forecast-for-hp-wont-happen/

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"She has red flags all over her. Monkey business with Goldman Sachs,
and a bozo-deal that lost eBay almost $1.4 billion. Whitman buys Skype
for 4.1B then sells it to Marc Andreesen-led fund for $2.7B, then Marc
sells it to Microsoft for over $8.5B. I'd say they should hire Marc to
teach them some deal-making skills. And they got her to the business
hall of fame? LOL! Is the there a hall for bozos? Not to mention that
she planned to kill Californians by thinking that clean air is less
important than jobs. Lousy business+politics person, without a clue
about hi-tech or any vision, as head of the oldest hi-tech company.
HP , you're in deep doodoo. A friggin' 3+ year profitability roadmap
for the world's largest computer company? WTF? They need to invent
(ironic) new PRODUCTS & SERVICES to sell NOW. Hire a progressive
engineer CEO and get their creativity asses back to a Bill Hewlett
garage mentality before its too late. And btw, NOBODY with half a
functional brain (including computer stores) buys/sells HP inks at $40
a pop. They sell knockoffs and refills at $7 to boost their retail
margins. Original HP inks sit on shelfs for months. FACT! Get a clue
Meg! Inkjets are D.E.A.D. people buy lasers for $80 these days. You
need a team of uber-geeks to re-factor your entire product line. Not
some stupid PoS with a timebomb chip that kills a $50 printer after
2000 spool commands. Mehhh! Think we don't know your bozo tactics?
Corporate mentality. Go figure." - Damien Spechiotis