Re: Oracle-sequence and NOORDER

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:59:03 +1000

rop wrote,on my timestamp of 20/09/2012 6:07 PM:

> but all the processes only seem to get increasing values from the
> sequence.
> They never get a smaller value than the previous value.

That is NOT what NOORDER does...

> The oracle-doc says that NOORDER does not GUARANTEE the values are in
> order,
> but in practice they still seem to come out in order.

That is NOT what the doco says.
It says:
"Specify NOORDER if you do not want to guarantee sequence numbers are generated in order of request. "

"order of request" is NOT the same as numbers out of order.

> Is it possible to create a test-case where they actually do come out-
> of-order?

No. Received on Thu Sep 20 2012 - 04:59:03 CDT

Original text of this message