Re: Sic transit gloria mundi

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 01:23:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:58:58 +0200, Gerard H. Pille wrote:

> I can't wait to see the first smartphone with a built-in printer.

They can already be used as scanners, just look for Document Scanner on the Google Play. So, now I will have a scanner/printer that I can make phone calls on? My little Canon PIXMA MG3120 which I normally use for scanning and printing definitely cannot be used to make a phone call. I never thought of making phone calls on my printer, to be quite honest. I am sure that this will make a big splash. How will I feed the paper into the phone? If HP comes up with 8.5" x 11" phone (dimensions of the letter paper), that might be a long sought gadget that would kill iPhone. After all, who wouldn't want to be seen walking down the street, talking to a printer?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com