Sic transit gloria mundi

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:14:01 +0000 (UTC)

HP sees cell phones as its saving grace. From the hindsight, it seems that Scott McNeally was right when he was talking about HP as a wonderful printer company. They have absolutely messed up the high end computer business they were in. I had an opportunity to work on HP-UX 11.31 on Itanic, quite recently and it's a mess.
It looks like the old idea of getting back to profitability by cutting down on work force and services is still alive. I bet that their next big move will involve HP music store.

Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer