Re: how much cpu on a database rac cluster

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 00:59:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 15:41:29 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> Very different SLA's is the only thing that readily comes to mind.

Yes, you're right. On the other hand, I am not really sure that two databases with very different SLA's should be on the same machine. SLA usually specifies things like uptime, performance and capacity and those characteristics usually have implications on the choice of the underlying hardware. It is more than likely that for two databases with very different service level agreements, the choice of the machines will also be different.

> Perhaps an argument could be made for intermediate steps on the way to
> integrating two databases or when separating out some for a migration.

Probably, yes. For $90/hr on the W2 basis, I will gladly help with any such project.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer