Alter time datatype of a primary key column

From: McX <nuntelodico_at_chemiammazzidespam.eh>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:58:15 +0200

Hi all,
I've deeply searched something on this aspect of changing datatype ,but I'm still without any answer.
Well , I've a table with a primary key DATE column. Now, I've changed DATA datatype in TIMESTAMP(3) without any problem. I've checked index on DBA_TABLES and is still VALID. I've inserted new line, upgraded old ones , selected them in every sauce. Is it really so easy and so safety to do ? Yes , I know : a datatype change means that an operation between DATE   gives back a NUMBER type , between a TIMESTAMP(3) gives back an INTERVAL. Except this aspect, am I forgetting something ?

Thanks Received on Thu Aug 30 2012 - 01:58:15 CDT

Original text of this message