Re: bLOCKRECOVER in 11G?

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:25:14 PM UTC-4, John Hurley wrote:
> Mladen:
>

> # True to the old lore, the versions with the even numbers are stable
>
> versions which are just an improvement over the previous version, the
>
> one with the odd number, like 11. I expect to see some stability, but
>
> not in the early versions.
>

> Lost me completely ... please explain some more.
>

> 8 was buggy as hell for a long time ... first stuff out in 10 was
>
> pretty ugly.
>

> For us 11.1 was pretty darn bullet proof ...

I have also been using 11.1.0.7.1 for a while which is very stable.  One thing however never worked was baselines or something like where Oracle will change query plan only when it guarentees that there will be 3 times improvement in performance.. I found that sysaux tablespace kept increasing and I had to disbale this feature. I hope it has been fixed in 11.2. but the place where I work, I will bot be able to upgrade to 11.2 until 2015... Received on Wed Aug 22 2012 - 23:10:38 CDT

Original text of this message