Re: Rebuild index partition with different compression number

From: gonzo <gbahut_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 08:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

hi Jesper.

 Yes, It looks like I need to recreate the index, and this is really a bummer....

 If Oracle supports a nice command like:
> analyze index MY_INDEX partition (P1) validate structure;

 which populates the INDEX_STATS saying that OPT_CMPR_COUNT is 1.

 I would expect that you can to rebuild that partition using the right compression, specially if this looks supported in the "ALTER INDEX wire diagram".... Received on Tue Aug 07 2012 - 10:25:33 CDT

Original text of this message