Re: Rebuild index partition with different compression number

From: gonzo <gbahut_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 08:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks David, I skip that line you highlight.

  The partitioned index was originally created using the "COMPRESS" clause, and since it is a non-unique index it is like issuing "COMPRESS 3". No errors were raised at that time.

  When I check the status of the index:

select PARTITION_NAME, STATUS, COMPRESSION from user_ind_partitions where index_name='MY_INDEX';

PARTITION_NAME                 STATUS   COMPRESS
P_1                            USABLE   ENABLED
P_2                            USABLE   ENABLED

So it says the each index partition has compression enabled. Is Oracle saying that compression is enabled although nothing is compressed?

Looking at the like "wire diagram" for "alter index rebuild partition" it shows that "compress <integer>" can be used, so I am surprised of having this error. Received on Tue Aug 07 2012 - 10:05:46 CDT

Original text of this message