Rebuild index partition with different compression number

From: gonzo <>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 05:52:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I am working with Oracle 10gR2.

I have a list partitioned table on column "a" and a locally partitioned index with compression enabled:

My_Table (a,b,c,d,.....) Partitions P1 and P2 on column "a" values.

My_Index (b,c,d) non unique, compress 3, partitioned on "a".

According to Index_stats view, the optimal compression would be 1, so I tried to rebuild my index with different compression executing:

alter index My_Index rebuild partition P1 compress 1;

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14010: this physical attribute may not be specified for an index partition

Does anyone have a clue of why I am getting this error? According to the documentation the above statement should be valid: Received on Tue Aug 07 2012 - 07:52:30 CDT

Original text of this message