Re: Backup Oracle ? Online Redo Log.

From: <sredhar.sri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 00:40:18 -0700 (PDT)

It is illogical by want to take backup of online redolog file.. why because, lgwr process generate archive log when every checkpoint occurs..the checkpoint occurs when the transaction commits/rollback..If you want to take backup of online redo that will become as a invalid transaction(transaction not ends)..no need of taking that as a backup..even if you want to take a copy of online redo then generate the archive log by issuing log switch/checkpoing manually.

Thanks,
Sredhar.