Re: All About The Quran

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:53:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 23, 10:35 am, "Gerard H. Pille" <g..._at_skynet.be> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:04:13 +0200, Gerard H. Pille wrote:
>
> >> Which explains its relevance for the society we live in today.  May I
> >> recommend the New Testament?   A couple of years older, but not so easy
> >> to abide by, as is the "Quran".  Things like forgiving, loving your
> >> enemy, or turning the other cheek.  You should try it.
>
> > I would also recommend Oracle Concepts. Reading it makes you understand
> > why people consider jihad, especially jihad against cheap technical
> > writers.
>
> I must admit I've never read "Oracle Concepts", sometimes I had to look something up.  But
> otherwise I always found Oracle's documentation of good quality.  Not you?

The quality varies, as does the definition of quality. The latter-day scientist Oracle Concepts was written by one of the good guys.

Personally, I have some difficulty following the sql command syntax as they do it these days, I'd imagine some people would find it easier and some, well, we see them in the forums a lot. I recommend everyone read and re-read the concepts manuals for their versions.

I think the docs are good quality, as long as they are considered a starting point for skeptical research and there is no expectation of deep technical dives. I wish they would take you as deep as you want to go, but I can understand why they don't, not least of which is they can hardly coordinate current features with the existing docs. Oakies won't be out of a job any time soon.

I am so glad I was able to hold back from responding to the OP.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
His mom was a nurse case manager at the hospital I was in a few years