ORA-01031 Errors in Oracle Client for Third-Party Application

From: <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 13:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I installed a third party application in a Windows 7 server. That application uses a corporate Oracle 11
database.

On the Windows server, as per the recommendation of the vendor's application, I installed ODAC,
and configured the client connection to Oracle 11.

There are 2 Oracle users for the application, each using its own schema. (The users have
full DML and DDL privileges for their respective schemas).

The connection to Oracle works; I can login using Sqlplus, the application succeessfully installed and loads data, etc..

However, one specific step in the application (Regenerating a lot of information) does not work. The application logs indicate ORA-01031 errors, but no information as to the privileges missing, the Oracle user, etc..

Our DBA indicated that he cannot find any more information in the Oracle traces,

Is there anything that I can do on the client side to generate more information as to the
cause of the ORA-01031 errors?

Thanks,
QZ Received on Wed Jul 04 2012 - 15:38:00 CDT

Original text of this message