Re: Oracle Closed World

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:30:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:39:06 PM UTC-4, joel garry wrote:
> Everyone should know by now Larry bought a Lanai:
> http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/20/us/hawaii-ellison-island/index.html
>
> Best comment I've seen: "let's be honest, if he rocks a jetpack to
> work, he's probably better than most of us ;-) "
>
> 2nd: "Do you really want to start an Oracle vs SQL Server debate on a
> CNN forum"
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/20/oracle_sun_revenues/

One very nice thing about SQL Server I found is that you can set "archive log mode" (recovery model) at each database level instead of instance level. Same way, you can do database backup (physical)/recovery at each database level. These features are very useful in my data center where they always want to put many databases in one instance, and I can turn archived logging off just for my database when doing bulk loads.. Received on Sun Jun 24 2012 - 07:30:25 CDT

Original text of this message