Re: Oracle Closed World

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:54:16 +1000

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 23/06/2012 4:41 AM:

> My very brief encounter with SQL Server happened in the year 2002, so it
> might not reflect the current state of SQL Server technology. Do you have
> a book that you would recommend to an old oraclite to learn SQL Server?
> This seems to be a very sought after skill, even in the world of Oracle DBA
> people. I have worked with MySQL 5.1, 5.2 and 5.5, PostgreSQL 8.3, 8.4,
> 9.0 and 9.1 and Oracle, from the version 4.1 until the version 11.2.0.3.
> SQL Server probably shouldn't be that hard.

Some good stuff here:
http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/learning-center/sql-server-library.aspx

This is definitely worth a read and it's free: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/F/6/FF62CAE0-CE38-4228-9025-FBF729312698/Microsoft_Press_eBook_Introducing_Microsoft_SQL_Server_2012_PDF.pdf

There is a L-O-T more from the devil themselves. Oh: and no one will try to outsource you when working as a dba for MSSQL, as opposed to what Oracle routinely does. Received on Sat Jun 23 2012 - 05:54:16 CDT

Original text of this message