Re: ORA-1652 Error during data migration

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

Mick:

# I have a team of external consultants who are migrating data accross to our database, (Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.2.0)

... Occasionally their migration crashes with :ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 8192 in tablespace                 USERS

You should not have temp segments in the USERS tablespace. The TEMP tablespace is a special kind of structure that should be used for sorting/ordering/hash joins/etc that require extra space.

Something seems wrong with the setup of your database TEMPORARY tablespace ...

Try looking at this perhaps? http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/Tablespaces/TBS_3.shtml

All of this is pretty well documented in the Oracle free doco ... so reading the manual is recommended. Received on Tue Jun 19 2012 - 20:47:55 CDT

Original text of this message