Re: Going to Open World in San Francisco? Come two day early and get no charge DB2 tech training with certification testing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 14, 9:46 am, cruss..._at_us.ibm.com wrote:
> In a world that is increasingly "big data", extended database skills are a plus.  The DB2 Workshop for Oracle Professionals is designed especially for Oracle professionals to teach the differences and advantages of DB2, while also offering a no-charge certification testing opportunity.
>
> This workshop is being held in San Francisco in the 2 days prior to the start of Open World -- so you come a little early and extend your skills to include DB2 by day and enjoy San Francisco by night.
>
> Agenda and registration:www.ibm.com/db2bullshit.  Note that space is limited, so I suggest early registration.

This is a commercial message and so doesn't belong here, belongs in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace instead. Please delete from comp.databases.oracle.server.

Interesting marketing attack vector though. Is there _one_ good technical reason you can give me to go to such a thing? I see "big data" and I think "marketing bullshit."

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"Our apologies… The page you requested cannot be displayed"