Re: Project management melee

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 23:22:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:37:48 -0700, John Hurley wrote:

> As smart as Cary he ( and he is scary smart ) once he takes up a
> position he does not back down ( nor change his position ) easily.

I find discussion with smart people, like Jonathan or Cary very enjoyable. The only thing one needs to make them change their minds is an irrefutable argument. It's not personal, it's all about the arguments.

> He believes in an ideal world and a best way of doing things ... it is
> all black and white no shades of grey.

He's a mathematician by education. So am I. On the quantum level, world is black and white. The shades of gray are an illusion, created by statistics. Statistics is responsible for many illusions. Here, I have to direct you to the latest Jonathan's post on his blog and statistics which states that every key in a unique index identifies 2 records, which is rather irreconcilable with the uniqueness of the index.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com