Re: Senior ETL consultant with Omniture Skills

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 08:57:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 8, 5:25 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 17:27:16 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> > Please don't spam cdos.  You can post job ads at
> > comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.
>
> Joel, you're fighting a losing battle. NNTP clients usually have an
> option for filtering out the undesired articles, by author, subject or
> some other methods. The OP has ended up in my kill file for 6 months.
> Please try not to quote the entire ad when telling them off.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Oh sorry. This web based thingamadoodle doesn't have such filters, but it does collapse quotes down to a link. I just get sloppy while minimizing my response time. I know it is quixotic, but at least I feel like I'm doing something - it has clued some people, which is probably a bigger response rate than the spammers get. I still have no idea if the "report spam" link does anything, but I have to hope whoever at google wrote that didn't like spam either. It's a mystery with no feedback. It's also a mystery why someone would write newsgroup software without killfiles. They put killfiles in the google groups management, so it's not like they don't know how. They're still doing stuff even though they are about to force replace it with the new thingamadoodle, I see the message counter bugs coming and going. Slipstreaming, the true death of quality software.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
I'd like to see this t-shirt with "spammers" added to it: