Re: Slower performance after enabling async io on Oracle Linux

From: Matthias Hoys <matthias.hoys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 01:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:05:53 PM UTC+2, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Please, let us know what the outcome is. I am really curious now.

It doesn't make any difference. Sysadmin checked everything between the guest/host and the iSCSI box, they didn't see anything wrong. I now analyzed a long-running query (> 5 minutes) with a level 8 10046 trace. This is with async io enabled (disk_asynch_io=TRUE,filesystemio_options=SETALL):

Elapsed times include waiting on following events:

  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total Waited