Re: Slower performance after enabling async io on Oracle Linux

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 00:58:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 15 May 2012 00:52:33 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Matthias, I the problem may as well lie on the network side.

BTW, can you test I/O against a local disk? Does it exhibit the same slowdown or not? If not, your culprit is the network. It can be anything from bad configuration, faulty port, adapter or cable or even some forgotten firewall between the iSCSI initiator and the server. Let us know what was the problem once you solve the mystery.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com