Re: Oracle v. Google jury returns partial verdict, favoring Oracle

From: Flint <agent1_at_section21.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 22:02:21 -0400

On 5/10/2012 8:02 PM, Chance Furlong wrote:
> On 5/10/12 5:57 PM, Flint wrote:
>
>> In other words, it is not anywhere near ready for prime time for
>> most Enterprise
>> desktop use unless one is ready to live with LibreOffice's weakness and
>> stay with ODF file formats for everything.
>>
>> Just a side note: The word "fan" (in this context) is derived from and
>> has its etymological roots in "fanatic."
>
> I corrected your grammar, Flint Boi.

My grammar is annoying you, ain't it? You are seriously behind the times as the word is now included in most dictionaries/lexicons, and is only rejected by high-brow grammatically retarded sticks in the mud such as yourself.

Of course, never mind that the word has an antecedent usage based on the old English contracted colloquialisms "I'nt", "en't", and "An't", and around 1749, the "A" of "An't" began to be used in writing and was pronounced with a long "A" as in "ain't".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ain%27t http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain%27t

 From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain%27t

"The use of "Ain't I?" addresses one logical problem of English grammar; it serves as a contracted inverted form of the question "Am I not?" Some prescriptivists would not allow any contraction of that question. Others prefer "Aren't I?", even though "aren't" is a contraction of "are not", which is not a standard first person singular construction."

and...

"Although ain't is seldom found in formal writing, it is frequently used in more informal written settings, such as popular song lyrics.

Ain't is obligatory in some fixed phrases, such as "You ain't seen nothing yet"."

...or *"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"* [emphasis mine]

Time to update yer lexicon, prescriptive fangurl. :P

--
Flint