Re: pl/sql application build & release

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 03 May 2012 08:49:37 GMT

Jeremy wrote:

> In article <7f94df17-94ac-42f7-8f66-ccc8f5fc5c02
> _at_e42g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, johnthehurley_at_gmail.com says...
> >
> > Hope this helps somewhat and I am sure some other people will report
> > back what they are doing in their environments.
> >

> Perhaps they're being shy.

Or perhaps they just use manual scripts too? Fwiw, that's what we've always done, & it's mostly worked ok. However for reasons I won't bore you with, we've now split the app into two schemas; one for the tables, sequences & triggers, t'other for everything else.

So subject to hitting any problems with the process, future releases will be done by exporting the 'code' schema from the 'release' DB & importing it on the destinations[1]. Table changes & triggers will still be done with the manual scripts. So still no tools involved, but an alternative approach to throw into the mix.

[1] Currently 12 dotted around the UK & Ireland.

--
Preston.