Re: Index Organized table - hanging on selects

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

Dan:

> My main purpose was just to see if anyone else has had (or heard of)
> issues with IOT's in which the table occasionally performs very slowly
> on a select (I know writes/updates are slow).  Another person in my
> company experienced the same problem several months ago in which a
> newly created IOT was completely inaccessible, it completely hanged on
> select (with no locks present).  Very strange...

I still do not think you have provided any specific details on your database environment level / patching / os platform etc.

Can you produce a reproducible test case?

Can you get a 10046 trace of a complete execution of something that you believe is not working well?

With a 10046 trace and a resource profiler ( like the free orasrp ) you have the tools to figure out what is slow and ( hopefully eventually ) why.

Cary Millsaps book "Optimizing Oracle Performance" gives the road map for attacking stuff like this. Received on Mon Apr 30 2012 - 17:18:41 CDT

Original text of this message