Re: SECUREFILES disaster

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:07:02 +0100

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2012.04.29.17.10.05_at_gmail.com...

| Jonathan, when the data from the spill table gets finally applied the
| rows are deleted and there are "holes" in the extent. Those holes rarely
| get plugged, LOB segments tend to exhibit enormous growth rates, far
| faster than any other type of segments.
| SECUREFILES implementation doesn't do me any good, it does prevent me
| from using shrink space command.

I'm prepared to believe that you've found a space management problem with LOBs, but so far all you've really said is: "Once the HWM goes up it doesn't drop automatically, and since LOBs are Large OBjects, the HWM can go very high very quickly."

Regards
Jonathan Lewis Received on Mon Apr 30 2012 - 12:07:02 CDT

Original text of this message