Re: The reason for loving Usenet

From: TheBoss <TheBoss_at_invalid.nl>
Date: 26 Apr 2012 22:35:03 GMT

onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com> wrote in news:9544139.2864.1335392559243.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums_at_vbvx4: <...>
> having had to chastise a development team for almost crashing a
> mainframe - because the remote tables were actually accessed via
> DB2Connect to a DB2 mainframe database, I would not have been as
> polite as you were... [stupid idiots!!!]

Your DEV team is allowed to get as much resources as to almost crash a mainframe?! It appears to me that someone else should have been chastised for not properly define settings for WLM and such as to make it impossible for a developer to get more than a fair share of available resources.
Or for that matter for not properly capping LPARs in such a way that a DEV LPAR never can monopolise the entire mainframe.

One shouldn't give a box full of candy to a kid, and than chastise him/her at the end of the day when the box appears empty...

Cheers!

--
Jeroen
[DB/SYS-Admin for DB2/LUW (incl. DB2Connect), DB2/zOS and OTG4DB2/zOS]