Re: very impressed by 11g

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:45:22 +1000

Gerard H. Pille wrote,on my timestamp of 25/04/2012 5:50 AM:

> That parameter can not be set back, it appears, so we were very lucky we had
> spare processing power, or we would still be struggling.

One thing you can try that worked for me in a similar situation: optimizer_features_enable = 10.2.0.3
It got rid of the "Invalid Number" message that seems to plague 11gr2 SQL ported from earlier releases.
As well as a couple of "unexplained" SQL slowdowns. I'll reset it back once I've got everything on the 2012-04 PSU. That one seems to bring some stability. Received on Thu Apr 26 2012 - 00:45:22 CDT

Original text of this message